Oldham & District Riding Club have made a booking of the Farm Ride at Farnley Tyas on Sunday 18th August 2019.
Open to ODRC members (and members of other BRC affiliated clubs – subject to proof of membership), come and explore acres of countryside, roaming through woodland and riding across open grassland at Farnley Estates off-road horse ride.
The ride is situated within the Estate’s farmland, parkland and woodland, which is located in and around the West Yorkshire village of Farnley Tyas. The horse ride is a 6 mile circuit and, for your added enjoyment, features a number of optional jumps. These vary in size and difficulty to accommodate different riding abilities.
All are welcome, non riders are invited to come just for the picnic and a stroll around Farnley Estate (no dogs allowed on the ride route)
Cost: £21 per rider (ODRC members & other BRC affiliated members only) for the ride. Please bring your own picnic.
Juniors: Under 18’s must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult
Entry fee: Online entries only, payment must be made in advance to secure booking.
Closing Date for entries: 5pm Tuesday 13th August 2019. No refunds unless cancellation made more than 1 week prior to the event i.e. by noon on Sunday 11th August 2019.
Picnic: We will then all meet up in the field afterwards for a picnic – please bring your own goodies. \
Dogs and Cyclists: Please note that for the safety of riders, dogs and cyclists are NOT permitted on the ride route.
Location: The Farnley Estates off-road horse ride starts from Field Lane, Farnley Tyas, Huddersfield HD4 6UQ, which is opposite the Golden Cock pub in the centre of the village.
Parking: There is a large flat field offering onsite parking for cars, horseboxes and trailers, with easy access for unloading and loading. The field will be open for car parking from 10 am, for a 10:30 start.
Rider Groups: We will be setting off on the ride in small groups (minimum 2 riders per group) according to how fast/jumping/non jumping. No riders are allowed to go round on their own. At least one member of each group should carry a mobile phone for emergency use.
Vaccinations: All horses must be fully vaccinated and passports brought with you for checking
Safety equipment: Hard hats up to the correct standard are compulsory on the ride. We also recommend the use of body protectors for jumping activities. Farnley Estates off-road horse ride course conforms to current health and safety legislation. However, horse riding is by its nature a hazardous sport and all riders must take responsibility for their own safety, and come equipped with necessary equipment.
The downloadable map must be taken with you as it has all the relevant emergency numbers.
The map will be provided once available from Farnley.
IN THE CASE OF AN ACCIDENT OR EMERGENCY: If help is required during the ride hire please call Farnley Estates on 07746039423. In the case of a severe accident or an emergency, please call the emergency services immediately on 999
Ride location: Field Lane, Farnley Tyas, Huddersfield, HD4 6UJ
Your location: Location markers are situated throughout the course and detailed on the attached map. Please tell the Estate team and/or emergency service which marker(s) you are at or between. There is a permanent ride map located on the side of the ride hut in the parking field.
Farnley Estates’ Ride – Terms and Conditions
We want everyone to enjoy the Farnley Estates’ Ride. That’s why we ask all riders to read Farnley’s terms and conditions carefully. All riders coming on this ride must agree to abide by these terms and conditions, and act responsibly. Thank you.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Ride tracks are signed. For safety and biosecurity reasons, please follow these tracks carefully and respect the Countryside Code. Please close and secure gates behind you. No deviations from these routes are permitted.
2. Dogs are not permitted on the ride circuit.
3. Riders are asked to report any accidents, damage to any jumps or other property on the Estate as soon as possible. This helps us to maintain our high standards of health and safety and a well-maintained course.
4. Although Farnley Estates have attempted to make the course as safe as possible, Farnley Estates cannot be held responsible for any damage or injury to riders, horses or their property. We recommend that riders inspect jumps and landing areas prior to attempting the jump.
5. Approved hard hats and suitable safety equipment must be worn when riding. When hiring Farnley Estates’ ride, riders must ride in at least pairs.
6. Mobile phones must be carried for contact with the Estate Office or emergencies services if required.
7. Riders aged 18 or under must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
8. Farnley Estates staff and stewards have the right to ask all riders for identification at any time.
9. All riders must ride only to their ability and level of fitness.
10. All horses are required to be of a level of fitness and ability to complete the course. The Estate reserves the right to refuse access to the Estate to any horse with which they have any concern as to fitness, temperament or ability.
11. Horse boxes and vehicles are parked at owners own risk.
12. Farnley Estates reserves the right to cancel the ride hire due to unforeseen circumstances, and for safety reasons, including severe weather. If the Estate cancels the ride a full refund (including deposit) will be given or a mutually convenient alternative date agreed.
13. The Estate reserves the right to ask riders to leave the Estate if they do not abide by the agreed terms and conditions.
THE RIDE MAP MUST BE CARRIED BY A MEMBER OF YOUR GROUP THROUGHOUT THE HIRE PERIOD
Farnely Farm Ride 18th August 2019