Oldham & District Riding Club X Country Clinic with Esther Mills BHSII (BHS Stage 4 Senior Coach)Date: Saturday 18th May 2019 - 10am – 3 pm
Venue: Smallwood Livery Centre, Brookhouse Farm, Brookhouse Green, Smallwood, Sandbach, Cheshire CW11 2XE NB: use CW11 2XH for Sat Nav
Directions: Use Brookhouse Lane for all access from the A534, Don’t just follow the CW11 2XE postcode as it will put you on Pitcher Lane which is unsuitable for lorries and trailers as you can’t turn around. If you use CW11 2XH which is situated on Brookhouse Lane and then just follow the road and we are at the end. Please take time to study Google Maps if you are visiting for the first time. The entrance to the cross-country field is opposite the livery yard and through a gap in the hedge. Water is available on site.
Organiser: For more information contact Liz Kershaw on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07770743441
Information; This clinic will cater for all abilities of horse and rider from beginners, nervous horse and/or riders, to the more intermediate and advanced levels. Please ensure that you are capable of riding your horse as part of a group in a large open space.
The cross - country facility at Smallwood is set in 45 acres of naturally undulating grassland that lends itself perfectly for the job. There is a comprehensive selection of obstacles that range from 1' 6" to 3' 3" in height to suit a wide range of abilities, they include ditches, banks, drops, accuracy fences including corners and skinny roll-tops.
There are a wide variety of natural logs as well as manufactured mobiles and not forgetting the all-important water complex. The sessions will be split/grouped on ability declared by you (see below*). Lessons will be in groups of 4-6 horse/rider combinations for 1.5 hours.
There are a max of 16 places available.
Lessons will start from 10:00 am onwards. Please ensure you are on time for your lesson as sessions will not be held for late comers.
You will be able to stay and play on the cross country field after your lesson.
1. JOCKEY SKULL HATS to the current BRC standard, correctly fitted and fastened must be worn at all times when mounted. Hats must comply with one of the following current BRC 2019 hat standards. PAS 015 1998 & 2011 with kite mark, VG1 with Kite mark, SNELL E2001 with Snell mark & number, ASTM-F1163 with SEI mark and AS/NZS 3838 1998, 2003 and 2006. (EN1384; PAS015; ASTM F1163 with appropriate kite mark).
2. Long hair to be securely tied up so it does not hang below shoulder line
3. BODY PROTECTORS to BETA LEVEL 3 2009 STANDARD are COMPULSORY for all cross country activities.
4. ODRC members only.
5. The organisers of this event have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the HEALTH & SAFETY of everyone present. Entries are made entirely at your own risk. No liability can be accepted for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, riders or any other person or property howsoever caused.
6. The committee reserves the right to alter or cancel any session.
7. No entry fees will be refunded unless we can fill the place.
8. Under 18’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
9. Entry fees: ODRC MEMBERS: £40.00 per rider for 1.5 hours group lesson (16 places available) ONLINE booking only .
10. Groups will be made up based on your ability (see below).
- Beginner up to 60 cm
- Novice up to 75 cm
- Intermediate over 75 cm
PAYMENT IS STRICTLY ON BOOKING TO CONFIRM YOUR PLACE.
Closing Date: 1st May 2019 (unless full earlier)
Times will be emailed by 10th May 2019 and shared on the ODRC Facebook page
MAKING AN ENTRY CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THE RULES.
Members Only Cross Country Clinic with Esther Mills 18/05/19