We are a small friendly club affiliated to the British Riding Clubs movement and we welcome anyone who wants to enjoy being with their horse through participating in everything equestrian.
Our showground is situated at the Friezland Arena in Greenfield, Oldham.
Each year we hold three shows in each of the five disciplines of Dressage, Showjumping, Combined Training, Ridden & In Hand Showing and Working Hunter.
Our 2017 show schedule will be available both online and via paperback shortly.
We invite new and existing members to join the club, you can do this quick and easily online by following this link
- Instruction of paired 40 minute lessons in XC, SJ and Dressage each day
- Farm Ride on final day
Stabling, bedding (3 bales of shavings) haylage
- British Riding Clubs third party insurance
- Use of facilities at Somerford of showers, toilets & laundry room
- 26/02/2017 – Indoor Show jumping (Team and Individual) at Bold Heath (entries coming out Dec/Jan) Costs likely to be £50 per team of 4 and £12.50 individual
- Novice (80-85cm) qualifier for Novice Winter Championships at Keysoe on 1st and 2nd April
- Intermediate (90-100cm) Qualifier for Intermediate Winter Championship at Bury Farm on 29th and 30th April
- 25/03/2017 – Combined Training/Festival of the Horse (Team and Individual) at Bold Heath
- Qualifier for Aston Le Walls on 20th and 21st May (TBC)
- 6/05/2017 (TBC) - Dressage to Music at Osbaldesto
- 17/06/2017 – Dressage at Rochdale (Team and Individual)
- Qualifier for Lincoln on 2nd and 3rd September
- 02/07/2017 – Horse Trials at Somerford
- Qualifier for Swailcliffe on 4th to 6th August
- 15/07/2017 – Summer Showjumping (outdoor) at Bold Heath – (Team and Individual)
- new format including classes at 70, 80, 90 100 and 110 * big opportunity for Oldham to send more than one team with these heights
- Qualifier for Lincoln on 2nd and 3rd September
The last show is not too far away, so herewith is the latest news concerning the show.
Firstly, we are pleased to announce that we will have a photographer attending the final show, this being Vicky Mansfield Photography. As we have a photographer onsite I will need parents/guardians of junior competitors to sign a photography consent form, you will find these forms when booking in.
Secondly, there will be the championship awards given in between classes. The awards for champion and reserve champion of the Intro class will be given in the break prior to the commencement of the Prelim class. The same applies for the Prelim awards, i.e. given prior to the commencement of the Novice class. At the end of the Novice class both the Novice class awards and Team awards will be given. All awards will take place in the arena, so with this in mind the arena is not to be used for warm up until the presentations are concluded, time permitting of course.
Thirdly, in order of simplicity, the recently introduced new rule concerning competitors scores of 70%, will come into effect for the winter dressage series 2017/18.
Lastly, the show is fully booked, however, there is a reserve list, please contact the organiser via email if you wish to be added to the list..
To be held at SOMERFORD PARK FARM from Sunday Evening 4th June to Thursday 8th June 2017
Top quality instruction in Cross Country, Showjumping and Dressage
Superb quality home-cooking provided from Sunday evening to Thursday lunchtime (also drinks and snacks available all day every day)
Price £365 fully inclusive (payable in full or in installments) of:
The Riding Club would appreciate some feedback from members and non members. We would like to know how we are doing and how we can improve our services.
With this in mind below is a link to an online feedback form, it will take about the amount time it takes to write your feedback, its totally anonymous.
Confirmed and some provisional dates for inter-riding club NLG team and individual competitions next year which are qualifiers for Championships later in the year.
The dates are:
O&DRC are pleased to announce that there will be another winter dressage series running this year through to 2017.
Bookings are now live, please do read through the show information prior to booking any classes as there are rules that need to be adhered to.
There are to be three classes this year with the added option of forming a team with fellow competitors. There will be, as last year, a champion and reserve champion for all classes including the team event. (Enter your team via the Winter Dressage Menu) There will be the prizes at series end for the champions and reserve champions. Have a read through the show information either via the Winter Dressage Booking Page or via download Winter Dressage Show Info.
If you have any queries contact Mark Prior via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that all riders entering O&DRC shows must wear protective headwear that complies with the following BRC standards.
Type 1. PAS 015: 1998 or 2011 provided they are BSI Kitemarked
Type 2. VG1 01.040: 2014-12 provided they are BSI Kitemarked
Type 3. ASTM F1163: 2004a or 04a provided they are BSI Kitemarked
Type 4. SNELL E2001 - AS/NZS 3838: 2006 onwards provided they are SAI Global marked.
Further information can be found here, 2016 BRC Hat Tagging Guide for Competitors.
There open vacancies on the committee, if you are interested please contact Liz Kershaw.